Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Old friends...

I got to see a friend I haven't seen in three years - Sarah Granger! How insightful of God to pen her onto my calendar this morning! Her new baby Hannah was not as excited to see me and slept the whole time, but her son Caleb, who is 3 1/2, was excited to interview me: are you married, do you have a partner, where are you sleeping and eating, what color is your car, do you know my dad, how long are you staying, when are you coming back...very thorough and lots of fun to talk with. Sarah and I met when I was a senior in high school (I think). She took me out for my first beer at a bar - Biddy's. She hid me when I came to surprise my dad at his fiftieth birthday party. And she's been a great person to talk with about faith, community, and intention: good things to be talking about again right now. It's almost uncanny how I am taking a closer look at these three things some several years after she was thinking about some similar situations. Thanks, God, I needed this. It seemed like it was just last week we were visiting, not three years. I am so blessed. And I told Caleb I would see him again around Christmas and his birthday. To add an extra heap of blessing to my plate, I got to play dominoes with Grandma tonight. We both lost to my cousin Annie, but M&Ms, a little wine, and a lot fun talking sure felt like a big win. Tomorrow is another full day...g'night! tori

No comments: