Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Case of the Mondays Out the Door

Monday ended well.  The blahs of the morning gave way, and for two great "things" I am grateful.
 
First - I got to skype with Ollie.  Miki held him up to the camera, so I could see him, and he could see me.  He was definitely checking out that crazy face moving around the computer screen.  He made some cute faces and even showed me what it's like to burp up on himself (Miki was spared).  She and Marty and I chatted for a little bit, but mostly it was just really awesome to get to see the little guy kicking and waving and wiggling around.  I am already looking forward to the next call.  Maybe we'll just have to set a weekly date to video chat.
 
Second - Tom & I installed the swamp cooler.  I know; summer is nearly over.  It really would have come in handy a lot earlier.  We have AC on the trailer, which we rarely use.  It doesn't quite cool the place down as well, though it always feels chilly over the vent from which it is blowing in.  And it is a bit more expensive to run.  The cooler fit into the window next to the fireplace, and it dramatically dropped the temperature in the place by at least 20 degrees.  That is a big shift!  I was actually a little cold.  (It also tells you how hot it gets in the place.) 
 
Yes, there were other highlights of the evening.  Pop stopped by with some treats and visited.  It was good to see him.  And I finished another book.  I got to talk with both my parents.  I got new pictures of my nephew Cole.  Really, not a bad day after all!

No comments: