Monday, August 29, 2011

I heart nature

Right now I am taking a personal moment at work. I am working late tonight, so for the moment I am enjoying the rain pouring down in sheets. The sound is soothing, though loud; the breeze is cool. I am grateful to be protected indoors, as the road is a brown river flowing down the hill. It looks like blue sky in the direction of home, but I am hopeful that this rain might be reaching Miami, too. The thunder claps are ear-splitting, but storms like this don't last long out here.
It's true that I heart nature! On my way to work Friday, I saw a bear on Philmont property. On the way home that afternoon, I saw a golden eagle. Never in Denver...
The sunsets have been amazing, too. The colors are so vivid and radiant that a picture will never compare. Here are a few from Saturday night - it was like fire in the sky!

No comments: