Friday, August 12, 2011

Eeek!

I don't think the neighbors heard, or at least they didn't bother to see if all was well.  I got in my eeks with some little visitors, and though Thomas didn't come running, he obliged me all the same.
 
We have some buckets around that catch water.  Though we can't have rain barrels in Denver because it is illegal to capture water that belongs to people downstream (yes, it really is a law), we have barrels up here in Miami.  There are a couple of other miscellaneous buckets around, too, capturing water.  And though we have had little rain, I use what we do capture to water the strawberries and trees in the circle drive.  Last night we had a good rain, but even still, it doesn't overflow the buckets. 
 
Evidently, mice like water, too.  I have found not one, but two mice floating in the little buckets.  Yuck!  That got a big eek from me because I certainly hadn't expected to see that.  And then maybe my eek tripped the eek of a little garden snake, who then got me eeking again.  It wasn't a big snake, but it still startled me.  It was also difficult to see him because of the plants he slithered through.  I can only hope that little snake is having his fill of spiders.
 
Thomas, such a good man, relieved me of seeing the mice while I watered the vegetables.  I was and am terribly grateful!

1 comment:

Britta said...

Tori, they changed the law in Colorado and now you are allowed a small rain bucket. Yea!