Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

Phew - I made it!  Friday when I left work, I wasn't sure I could get to Tuesday.  I was feeling a little overwhelmed.  I was helping with reading and singing at a funeral on Saturday morning, baking cakes all afternoon for the enchilada dinner on Sunday evening, singing at Mass Sunday morning and staying all day to prepare for the dinner, and then after wrapping up that presenting my first parent meeting up in Eagle Nest Monday evening.  Lots of long day, late nights, and general tiredness! 
 
Those three days are over, and while there is still plenty to do, I can breathe a little easier. 
 
When I got home at 8:30 pm last night, I made myself a fried egg sandwich and read for awhile.  There is nothing like a good book (House of Spirits by Isabel Allende) to take you to a different space and time.  I was getting sleepy, but Thomas wasn't, so I tried to hold on a little longer, but not long enough.  I lay in bed trying to fall asleep listening to the list of things to do run through my mind. 
 
Then my hopes got up that Thomas was coming to bed.  I felt the house shake, but I didn't hear his movements.  And it wasn't the kind of shaking of heavy footsteps.  And it kept going.  But it wasn't windy, and there weren't any storms.  And he still hadn't moved.  And it kept going.  It was kind of nice, being in bed, because it was almost like being rocked.
 
This morning I read the report of a 5.5 earthquake about 11:20 pm between Trinidad and RatonOne more thing I survived in the last three days...

No comments: