Thursday, November 29, 2007

changes all around

The weather here feels a lot like summer, though it isn't official for another few weeks. The afternoon mugginess if no fun, though it is a good excuse for doing nothing and eating ice cream. Sean and Myrna and I packed our bags this morning and waited for a ride into town. We waited some more and some more. I don't know if Azucena was trying to time our arrival with a bus's departure, but we waited beyond an hour. It meant Patch and Kaitlyn weren't too productive this morning. Azucena did sleep in, so even though they were ready, the work day began at 9 am and will only last a couple hours in the heat. Saying good-bye was tough. It wasn't like it was a surprise that we were leaving, that we weren't staying forever. We wandered around, taking pictures, kissing cheeks, talking with the children. Despite abandoning my work clothes, a couple gifts for the kids, and my Spanish lesson book from Cuzco, my bag fel heavier. And even worse for weight, though super generous, Azucena gave us each jars of tomatoes and garlic sauces. Great! Well, we just barely caught the bus to Mendoza, but it was made better by over an hour of 90s dance party music videos. When we got to Mendoza, we bought tickets to take us south. I imagine we may part ways in Neuquen, but it will be fun all the same to travel a little ways with Myrna and Sean. We had pizza and beer for lunch, even though pizza is on the outs with me. While they look for a new camera, I am chilling out in the squares. I might need another ice cream in an hour or so. Argentina makes exceptional ice cream! I have posted more photos in a second album called "Rincon Madre Tierra" and hope you won't have any trouble finding them. I have been taking lots of pictures before I go! Enjoy...loveyoumeanit...tori

No comments: