Friday, November 30, 2007

Thank God I can walk!

I was on the bus for a long time...Phew! It is good to walk again! So after I blogged yesterday, I wandered around Mendoza before I had to meet up with Sean and Myrna. I found myself in another ice cream shop, but caught myself before I ordered any. My goodness those cravings are strong. It might be because ice cream is famously delicious and cheap here in Argentina. I did have some today. I will probably have some everyday, since it is only a dollar a cone, and I have to try all the flavors. Anyway, I wandered around and then wandered into Myrna and Sean. We picked up some avocado and bread to go with the tomato sauce from Azucena. I got some apricots and facturas for dessert. We had a little picnic until the sprinklers came on. The bus was pretty empty, so it was like a private party up top and in front. We had the first rows of seat above the driver, so the views were great. I took way too many pictures of the sunset, but with a digital camera, it is not a problem, right? We watch a move called El Ex. It was pretty funny. We also got tortillas and flan and other stuff for dinner. Tasty! The enxt bus was even ritzier for me, bt we went separate ways, so it was a little more lonely. My lunch was vegetarian and came with red wine...classy. I took a bunch more pictures when we got close to mountains again. In the middle of Argentina around Neuquén, it is so flat you can see for kilometers. It kind of reminded me of eastern Colorado and Kansas. But once the peaks came into view again, I was in love all over again. El Bolson is where I am hanging out for a bunch of days. It reminds me of Carbondale a little bit. And lucky me, the jazz festival is this weekend, so I have some fun free things to do, too. The hostal is nice and cozy. I enjoyed sitting on something with a cushion again. It is a bit of a walk out of town, but as I mentioned, I was happy to walk after being on the bus for so long. I made dinner at the hostal and drank some wine as I journaled, and thrill of all thrills, the shower was hot, and I didn´t even have to build a fire! I think the grease has finally come out of my hair. Now if I can just get the rest of the dirt out from my nails. Blessings on December! tori

No comments: