Sunday, November 25, 2007

The real Sunday blog

Oh my goodness!!! We had a late Saturday night of partying, but the family and their friends who were here also stayed up late. Nonetheless, they were up early and turned Moby on. There is no door, so on our one day off to sleep in, we didn’t have much choice. Alas, Antoine and the other volunteers brought crêpe fixings, so I didn’t mind getting up and eating crêpes. As the morning wore on, we all moved into the shade at Vida’s and played cards and listened to music some more. The heat was really getting to all of us, and we were hungry for something heavier than crêpes. Lunch is always so late, and there were so many people to feed. We still didn’t have the energy to walk into town. The heat was too much. We played a lot more cards. Sean, Myrna, Kaitlyn, Patch, and I get along really well: two Canadians, a Californian, a Coloradoan, and an Oregonian. We have a nine year spread, and I get teased for no longer being in my twenties. But we just laugh and tease. Though some of us want the practice, we usually don’t speak in Spanish. We did end up walking in later to get ice cream and e-mail, but it wasn’t until after 7:30 pm. It is still so bright here that late!! We hitched a ride in Luis’ truck, and though he charged me solo, he didn’t charge the five of us. I figure I already paid enough. The internet place was full, so I didn’t get to write much, but I will post again soon. A highlight for the night was reading El Principito. Patch had said he loved the story, too, so we talked about having a nightly read aloud. Now with less than a week left, we started reading. I read so slowly out loud, but it will probably help my Spanish. Can’t wait for more tomorrow. tori

No comments: