Friday, November 16, 2007

Ketchup!!

Bummer, my converter broke, so I can write until this battery dies! It feels good to feel good! And guess what! This morning I had a fried egg and some fried potatoes!!! So exciting!! It wasn’t anything like the delicious ones I am used to back in Denver, but just the idea of it was tasty enough. And when Sean pulled out ketchup…wow!! It is something little like this that makes me smile. The sun is so hot these days, though when we wake, the morning is dreadfully cold. Doesn’t make the first trip to the pit very inviting when it is cold and the grass is wet. But I will admit that having to go really early in the morning meant watching the sun rising on the mountains. They don’t usually have shadows, so to see them in the morning shadow was a treat. I might try to get up early another day to take pictures. Shocking, I know, that I might get up early! These little things that make me hold my breath for just a minute bring a smile from ear to ear…mountains…eggs and potatoes…being able to work! I was back out planting tomatoes in the field this morning. I made peace with tomatoes yesterday when I ate some sun-dried tomatoes, so working in the field was refreshing. I hadn’t been out working in the field for a full week. Who knows what we’ll get to do this afternoon? I am hoping we will start some serious work on the baƱo seco because we are going to end up with pits all over the place if we don’t. ooopps...didn't finish. Here it is anyway! tori

No comments: