Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back in Miami

After a fantastic and full trip to Portland via Denver, Thomas and I are home and back to work.  I do have pictures, though my camera died on Saturday evening.  Marty got some good ones of Maddie's First Communion, and I hope to get his picture of the "boys". 
 
We ate a lot, laughed and played games, hid from the rain, went for walks, ate some more, and ended it all with a movie.  The rain kept us in a lot, but definitely kept me bundled up in a warm sweater.    It is always so good to be back in Portland!  The traveling can be a bit brutal, though.
 
Thomas and I set off at 5:52 am on Friday.  I let him sleep, since I can usually sleep on the plane.  We were lucky to have tuned in to some fun talk radio (the Bob & Tom Show is entertaining and not political).  On our return we landed around noon-thrty, but didn't actually drive away from the airport for another hour.  We were quite productive - making 11 stops and the drive home in 10 hours.  11:30 pm was later than either of us hoped to arrive, but it is good to be able to shop when you are already there and don't have to make a special trip.  Our trunk was full of groceries, so we really had to unpack and put everything away. 
 
This morning my feet are dragging!  Hopefully we can go to bed early tonight!

No comments: