Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Maddie's First Communion

My sister has a wonderful husband, but Marty is also a fantastic photographer. We are pleased to have a "fruit stand" of photos on our walls, a rainbow of produce. He really knows how to capture an image. These are his pictures, which he graciously has shared. I am especially grateful as my camera died in Portland. Hopefully next week I will have some fantastic pictures of Maya's First Communion (two goddaughters, two weekends, and one really special day for each of them!)
Thomas and I felt like guests of honor -
being allowed to sit with Maddie in the little room left next to her.
Uncle Gene is Maddie's godfather, and I am her godmother.
Now that we're both married, she's got Karen & Thomas to support her, too.
Pat & Amy have their hands full with Maddie, Mia, and Monica.
Monica let me hold her all through Mass - a real compliment,
as she can be choosy about who she clings to. It shows that she is starting to remember us, even though are visits are not so often.
Somehow, this little dude snuck out of the family picture. Benjamin is now seven months. He was cheering for his big sister at all the right times.
Miki doesn't appear to be showing too much in this shot.
Thomas and I, Miki & Marty, and the unseen LG (little Greenlee).
Maddie & me...a lovely photo with the motto of the Jesuits:
AMDG - ad majorem Dei gloriam

No comments: