Sunday, May 22, 2011

A week of busy-ness!

Oh how I wish my camera hadn't died in Portland!  It is a pity, as there are so many things I wish everyone else could see.  We've had a streak of heat, not sure if there is a streak of moisture coming or not, but we desperately need it.
 
Thomas and I have been spending most non-work hours out on the property.  Sure there have been a few nights of drinking with the family, but we usually wait until the sun goes down.
 
In the last week, Maya made her First Communion.  It was a fun occasion.  We pre-partied over poker, an impromptu gathering.  Thomas and I showed up to drop off a gift for Maya only to discover that we had missed their invitation to come hang out.  Sunday afternoon we had a splendid BBQ and enjoyed eating and celebrating some more!
 
We have been working hard on the garden.  Now in the ground carrots, pintos, beets, spinach, and turnips - hopefully making a debut soon.  Potatoes, onions, peas, an artichoke, and garlic are visibly growing.  And the strawberries and raspberries are in the ground, but I am not sure what to expect for a crop this year.  (Maya helped plant the artichoke, spinach, and strawberries!)  Oh just thinking about them is making me hungry.  Off to sort out supper...

No comments: