Thursday, May 26, 2011

Early to rise

This morning I hopped out of bed about 6:30 am and took a shower before starting my day.  As I was stepping out of the shower, I wondered what happened.  Since when do I pop out of bed?  I am notorious for snoozing my alarms (yes, plural, which started in college because I am known to unplug or turn off alarms in my sleep rather than just snooze them) and known for waiting until the last minute and then being dressed and ready in 5 minutes.  Now I am usually out the door by five after seven.  This actually takes me back about twenty years when I started high school and left the house that early with my dad to get to school.  It was a struggle then, but this morning it wasn't.
 
Don't get me wrong - I am sure tomorrow I will drag my feet and try to stay under the covers a little longer.  I do think, however, that this is a seasonal thing.  The sun is shining brightly by 6 am.  It is hard to stay in bed sometimes when the sun is waking me up.  Next December when the sun is up much later, I am sure I will be going through this whole routine again of struggling to get up in the morning.  Anyway, now that I am up, I am feeling tired.

No comments: