Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Finished at Last

I don't often boil eggs for myself. I love egg salad sandwiches for lunch, deviled eggs at parties, and occasionally sliced egg on a salad, but Thomas doesn't particularly care for them. Sure he'll eat an egg salad sandwich if I put it in front of him, but it isn't his first choice. So I don't often make them. Come Easter time, though, everyone enjoys coloring them.
I boiled a dozen to take to Marie's for coloring. I actually only took eleven because I dropped one between the pan and the carton. With all the eggs being colored for the Knights of Columbus Easter Egg Hunt, there were plenty for everyone to paint and dye. Yes, we painted, too, though I discovered that the beauty of the painting is quickly turned into a puddle of colors on the egg and hands once re-moistened.
Thomas made this lovely painted egg. It was inspired by Pop's regard for the beautiful sunset that night of fun. It was the last of the eggs I cracked from the eleven that came home with us.
So at lunch today I ate my last egg salad sandwich for a little while. They were all so delicious. Tomorrow, back to leftovers. And so lucky for me to have had an extra special dinner after First Communion practice with the Salas family - now I do have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. But not to worry - Easter is not over just because the hard-boiled eggs are gone. We still have malted robin eggs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that's awesome!

oren