Friday, May 13, 2011

Band Practice

Last night, Thomas and I cruised back on into Cimarron to see Andres and fellow band-mates perform their spring program.  He is in 6th grade beginning band playing a big ol' piece of brass (I don't remember which horn - bad tia tori, I know!).  He performed "When the Band Comes Marching In" (not sure if that is the PC name for the" When the SAINTS Come Marching In", but it was good) at the beginning, and then his group came back to join the 7-12th graders for the theme song to the Transformers movie and "Hey Baby".  It was great entertainment!
 
As an aside, I was excited to faintly see the buffalo in the pasture along the road as we drove past Philmont.  I could only hope they would still be there this morning for viewing.  NOPE!  I did see them off along a ridge line, but Thomas suggested that they will be encourage (with hay drops) to hang out closer to the road during the height of tourist season. 
 
As another aside, while working in the garden before heading back to Cimarron, Thomas spotted the potato sprouts leafing up.  Now we have garlic, peas, and potatoes coming up!  Yummmmm.....

No comments: