Friday, October 19, 2007

el ultimo de Cuzco

It took me a minute to figure out how to get around typing the "and" symbol in my e-mail address to sign on and post. Tomorrow I leave fro Arequipa and hope to hike the Colca Canyon. I opted for the more expensive bus at 9 am instead of 630 am because I am not a great morning person! (I am having a bit of trouble with this keyboard. None of the letters are still on and have been taped on - mostly. Also the symbols are all in different places and one button isnt working to access the third symbol on the keys.) So today was my last class. It was really quite sad. The first teacher let us study and practice in a cafe. The second teacher brought some tamales, and I brought a lucuma. The tameles were olive and meaty stuff, and the other was with vanilla and raisins. No cheese and chile tamales here. I did get to have quinoa in my soup at lunch which made me very happy! "Graduation" is about to start, so I thought I would try to get in a note before the pomp and circumstance. I took a test yesterday, so I actually get a grade. I am not too worried, since no one in their right mind would actually give me credit, but they do give us free pisco sours and corn nuts. I have really enjoyed school. I recommend it to anyone who has even remotely thought about going back, but aren{t really serious (like me). The homework isn{t so rough, and the laughing ' which had us in tears today, is great. It turns out our not so appropriate inside joke caught on, and even our teacher had to leave the room from laughing. It brought the class to a stand still. Very funny! Well, I hear everyone milling about out there. Next time I post it will be from a new city! I love yo. tori

No comments: