Monday, October 8, 2007

Estoy muy cansada...

I really wanted to try writing this en espanol, pero mi espanol es asi asi, y mi cabeza es cansada. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more time to post, so I can fill in some more details, but I made it to Cuzco yesterday. I landed at 6:40 am (EST) after 21 hours of travel. The school had a taxi for me, and he dropped me off at my host family's casa. I slept for six hours and missed meeting the others staying here. Molly y Locke son de California. Locke es el padre de Molly. Estan muy lindas. My host family is Gloria y Freddie. Freddie is a retired chef, so I have eaten well. Today was my first class. We took an exam in the morning to place us. Locke and I are in the same class. Nuestras profesoras son Jakeline y Carla. There are four other students in our class. Class finishes at 12:30 pm, so we met Molly and walked home for lunch - pescado, yucca, ensalata, choclo (maiz), y durazno. Siempre mate de coca tambien. After lunch we went to our rooms for a nap, but I couldn't sleep. I read about Cuzco and listened to Storyhill. Erik knew I would need music and snuck some in my bag before I left. Locke and I wandered around the city, climbing at least another couple hundred feet. Cuzco is about 11,500 feet, but I haven't had any altitude sickness. ---wow, I'm having deja vu--- Anyway, back to my day, Locke and I enjoyed wandering and ran into some burros. I will have to post pictures tomorrow, as I need to be asleep now We met the rest of the school for dinner at Kusi Kuy, part of the package. I was nervous the would serve kuy, but we were lucky to have pisco sours, salad, pudding, and for us vegetarians fettucini with pesto. The pesto was the brightest green I have ever seen. Jason, a classmate, said I should have taken a picture, but it seemed rude. Last night I went to sleep by 9 pm. Tonigt it is almost 11 pm! Buenas noches! Buenos suenos! victoria

No comments: